After School Care
During the school term our after school care programme offers children a space where they can be creative, have fun and develop their full potential spiritually, physically, emotionally and socially.
Our after school activities include arts, crafts, planned games and sports. We also run weekly clubs such as:
Baking, Origami, Pokemon, Cricket, Sports, Book, Science and a Christian based Boys and Girls Zones. All children are welcome to join in their preferred activities and we are always open to new suggestions!
Please note, 5 years old children starting after school care will take part into our SMARTIE5 programme, please click here for all information you need regards our exclusive care for children starting a new journey!
How a typical afternoon at smash works:
- 3.00 – 3.30 The supervisors pick up the children from school and there is free time at smash.
- 3.30 – 4.00 Roll call is taken, followed by afternoon tea.
- 4.00 – 5.00 Set activity time. Options include crafts, sports, art, singing, dancing, challenges and “Clubs”.
- 5.00 – 5.30 Group games
- 5.30 – 6.00 Quiet time
Information about the after school programme
- SMASH is run from 3.00 to 6.00pm weekdays
- Marsden and Karori Normal School children are picked up from school and walked back to SMASH. Children from other schools such as Scots College & Wellesley are picked up from the bus stop at Marsden Village.
- Our staff collect the children from Karori West School and bus them back to SMASH – charges apply for supervised bus trip ($0.75 per trip).
- Afternoon tea is provided. This includes sandwiches, biscuits, fruits and crackers.
- Our After School Care fees are $24.00 per day per child. We are OSCAR approved and WINZ subsidies are available.
- Half day fees during the school term are $45 per day per child, and full days’ fees $54.00 per day per child.
- For more detailed information, please read carefully through our The SMASH Club – After School & Breakfast Club T&Cs.
To inquiry about enroling your child on our After School Care, please click here.