After School Care
After School Programme
During the school term our After School Care programme offers children a space where they can be creative, have fun and develop their full potential spiritually, physically, emotionally and socially.
Our after school activities include arts, crafts, planned games and sports. We also run weekly clubs, including Girls Zone and Jesus Club which are faith based christian learning opportunities. All children are welcome to join in their preferred activities, and we are always open to new suggestions!
SMASH runs from 3.00 to 6.00pm weekdays
- Marsden College and Karori Normal School children are picked up from school and walked back to SMASH. Children from other schools such as Scots College & Wellesley are picked up from the bus stop at Marsden Village.
- Staff collect children from Karori West Normal School and bus them back to SMASH. Please see the ‘Fees & Payments’ page for Snapper charges.
- Afternoon tea is provided. This includes sandwiches, biscuits, crackers and baking on occasion.
- For more detailed information, please read carefully through our The SMASH Club – After School & Breakfast Club T&Cs.
To inquiry about enroling your child on our After School Care, please click here.
SMARTIE5 (age 5): Our new starters share an area with our JUNIORS with separate designated spaces for age-appropriate activities. This gives our youngest members the chance to interact with their peers in both age groups at their own pace.
JUNIORS (ages 6-7): Our second youngest age group operate in a separate but adjacent space to the SENIORS.
SENIORS (ages 8-13): Our oldest age group operates in a separate but adjacent space to the JUNIORS and SMARTIE5.
How a typical afternoon at SMASH works:
- 3.00 – 3.30 The supervisors pick up the children from school, and walk them back to SMASH.
- 3.30 – 4.00 Roll call is taken, followed by afternoon tea.
- 4.00 – 5.00 Set activity time. Options include crafts, sports, art, singing, dancing, challenges and “Clubs”.
- 5.00 – 5.30 Free play and group games
- 5.30 – 6.00 Quiet time